Resume - Rodney Thompson
Last Updated - 5/12/2005
(c)2005 Five Oaks LLC Designed by Keith Thompson
6 Five Oaks Lane, Birchwood MN 55110
Seven years managing IT Teams
Successfully managed projects of up to $750,000
One year ISP experience; three years providing global connectivity for remote users
Trained in Six Sigma, CMM and TQM project methodologies.
Operations Support Systems: Lucent Vital Signs; MRTG; ManageWise; HP OpenView; SMS; ZENWorks, ManageEngine, ntop, Visual UpTime
Languages: C#, Java, PERL, Scheme, LISP, ROOL, Visual Basic, XML
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 9x, NT, ME, 2000, XP; Novell NetWare3/4/5, Linux, MacOS 6/7/8/9, MS Terminal Server, Citrix, VNC
Productivity Tools: MS Office Suite; MS Project; MS Visio; StarOffice/OpenOffice; Enable; WordPerfect Suite
Development Tools: Eclipse, Visual C#, ASPN; NetBeans
Databases: Access, DB2, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle 8,Btreive
Email Systems: GroupWise, Exchange, Pegasus; Eudora
Web Technologies: HTML, PERL, CGI, Tk, WebSTAR, IIS, Netscape Web Server, Apache (Linux, Windows, and Novell), Tomcat, Php, BeEdit, Claris HomePage
Technical Consultant, Achieve Healthcare Technologies
March 2005 – Present
Contract Software Developer; Banker’s Systems
- Custom data exchange and interface development
- Network, server and application performance analysis for customers
- Custom software development
Computer Technician, Edina Public Schools
- January 2004- February 2005
- Developing dynamic financial documents in LISP, Scheme, ROOL, XML and VB for Rembrandt and ICS/Expere financial services products
- Building and conducting Quality Assurance tests on completed code
- Developing Regression Testing procedures
- Coding supporting utilities in PERL and JAVA.
September 2003 – Jan 2004 (Part-time)
Maintain 587 Windows XP workstations, Kallatel video security system, administer user, group and workstation accounts in Active Directory and assist staff and students with use of technology in classrooms.
Computer Training Instructor, Hennepin Technical College
- Developed application to remotely clean student computers of old user profiles, update registry settings and to perform simple automated copying and deleting of files.
- Assumed responsibility for video security system from district offices, optimized system to maximize storage of recorded images, enabled network access to live and recorded images.
- Built and installed Intrusion Detection System, (Snort/ACID on RedHat 9.0)
February 2003 – present (Part time)
Provide group and individual laboratory and classroom instruction for Continuing Education students learning basic computer skills and specific software suites: Introduction to Computers, Introduction to Windows 2000/XP, MS Word 2000/XP, FrontPage 2000/XP, PowerPoint 2000/XP, Excel 2000/XP, Access 2000/XP.